Patient Experience & Your Visit | Lemak Health
During your visit to our clinics, we have made every attempt at making your experience as comfortable and convenient as possible. We are sensitive to the fact that you have taken the time away from your everyday activities, and we hope that these conveniences make your visit just a little bit easier.
- Free guest wi-fi available in through all clinics
- State of the Art and Efficient Digital X-ray and Ultrasound Units for same day diagnostic services
- In our Gardendale, Birmingham, and Prattville Facilities, on-site or adjacent MRI Services
- Adjacent Physical Therapy Services in all locations
- On-site soft good, bracing, and durable medical equipment services
What to wear
You should wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing for your exam. You may be asked to change into a gown or paper shorts.
What to expect
First of all, there is paperwork that needs to be completed, including information on insurance, medical history
To get a thorough understanding of the condition, our doctor will ask you lots of questions. Honest and open answers are important to give the orthopedist an accurate picture of what’s going on. The physician may schedule different tests that give a clearer picture of the condition. These tests could include x-rays or an MRI.
Expect the orthopedic doctor to give a physical exam. There may be activities and movement to test for things like range of motion, limb strength and reflexes.
No matter if the physician recommends more testing or not, a plan will be made by the end of the appointment. This plan may include medication, an order for physical therapy, or details about a surgical procedure the physician is likely to recommend.
Please be prepared to wait 1-2 hours if you are a new patient.
Tips to make your visit faster:
- Fill out your patient portal before your visit
- Print and fill out the new patient forms before your visit
- Be prepared to pay your copay in full
- Bring your driver’s license, insurance card, a medication list
- Bring any medical records if you have seen another physician for the same problem (this includes all imaging studies)
- If you bring any bring any imaging studies, please makes sure to bring the films as well as any report
- Write down a list of questions